Chorulon is presented in vials as a white freeze-dried crystalline plug containing 1500 i.u. Chorionic Gonadotrophin PhEur together with a vial containing 5 ml solvent for reconstitution.
This product does not contain any antimicrobial preservatives.
The active ingredient of Chorulon, human Chorionic Gonadotrophin (hCG), is a complex glycoprotein with luteinising hormone (LH) activity. In the female, hCG can be used to promote maturation of the follicle, ovulation and the formation of the corpus luteum. In the male, Chorulon stimulates the production of testosterone and thus influences the development and maintenance of primary and secondary male sexual characteristics.
Chorulon can be used in the following fertility problems in domestic animals:
- cases of repeated failure of conception in cows and heifers
- induction of ovulation in mares and bitches
- cases of cystic ovaries in cows and heifers
- anoestrus in mares and bitches
- delayed ovulation, prolonged pro-oestrus in bitches
- deficiency in libido in male dogs
Packs containing 5 vials supplied together with solvent (each containing 5 ml).